Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Our Twincesses Third Birthday Party : Tangled

My miracle girls turned 3 Sept 2nd and we celebrated with a Tangled Themed Party. I loved every minute of creating everything for the party. The only downfall is that nothing is ever perfect. We never played our Flynn Skillet Game, I completely forgot to hand out the favors and we never did get pictures of all our guests behind the tower. However, everyone had a blast and I could tell that even at 3, our girls loved and appreciated every minute of it! I thought I'd post about it, as I loved going through Pinterest and blogs searching for ideas and reading about other parties. This is the Pinterest board that I started for my inspiration.

The invitation was mailed in a clear mailing tube. I printed the invitation on one side and a stone graphic on the other. We braided yellow yarn that I found on clearance for the hair. I used that same yellow yarn for the sign on the front door. I found the idea for the front door on this blog. I designed and printed the welcome sign and then mounted it to heavy stock. The flags on the lamp post are simply laser prints cut and taped so that the design is on both sides.



I made this tower for the girls out of left over cardboard, a hot glue gun, colored pencils and watered down acrylics. I happened to have some old Ivy and silk flowers laying around! The idea was to take pictures of each of the children attending in the tower and then send them to the guests with a thank you note. That of course never happened! I'm working on a thank you design right now and will post that soon!


Flynn Ryder! The girls LOVE Flynn. I found the idea online for this adorable game. I simply found a decent size image of the poster online and printed it out large and tiled it together. I put each child's name on the skillet. The game follows along the lines of pin the tail on the donkey, but it's more like smacking Flynn with a skillet :) With the excitement of everything else, we completely forgot to play!


Floating lanterns are a must! I printed out the pattern on a letter size sheet of paper, wrapped it like a cylinder and taped it together with packing tape. I then hole punched each side at the top to put fishing line through to hang from the ceiling!


The flags have the girls "Logo" on them, as did just about everything else at the party. I printed the flags out 2 up on a sheet, trimmed with scissors, hole punched and tied with ribbon. What a great, inexpensive way to add decor and color!

The centerpieces were a list minute idea. I knew I wanted to make Oreo Cookie Pops, but wasn't sure how to display them. I ended up buying paper mache boxes at the craft store, wrapping them with ribbon and attaching a printout of Pascal. I added some decoration by printing out graphics and glueing them to sticks to put around the cookie pops. The sticks are pushed into styrofoam which is hidden by the purple crinkled paper. You MUST try oreo cookie pops, the are fantastic! I followed these directions... 

Pascal's party blowers were way more of a challenge than I thought they'd be. I found the template and directions on Disney's site. It was almost impossible, oddly enough, to find the party blowers! I had to purchase ones that had designs on them and disassemble them. These are made with foam sheets which would NOT stay glued together on the edges due to the bulky blower. I ended up using packing tape around all the edges. While they were adorable, I would strongly advise skipping the glue all together and just taping them!

The cake and cupcakes? Well those of course, was created by my parents, CreativeCakes. They did an incredible job as always! The girls could not stop talking about it. I found the idea for the cupcakes and just loved how it tied in with theme!


I had so much fun setting up Pascals' Party Mix, complete with pretzels, banana chips, dark chocolate chip, rainbow gold fish, nuts, raisins and Cheerios! We had a chicken wrap buffet, aptly named, Rapunzel's Wraps and the guests loved it. 



The favors were tiny paint sets that we put in favor bags and applied labels to.




And of course no Princess party would be complete without a princess right?
All designs by Lil' LJ/Double E Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment