Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day DIY for Preschoolers -printable


If you're not already on Pinterest, you MUST go check it out. There is an unlimited amount of just amazing ideas for DIY crafts, recipes, home decor, etc. Thanks to Pinterest, I came across this great idea for making heart shaped crayons from the girls left over and broken up crayons. When you have 2 toddlers, you can only imagine how many crayons we have laying around.

This is where I got my idea:



I bought my silicone pan at Joann's a few weeks ago for 50% off. Right now, it might even be 60% off! It worked perfect.


I bought red scrapbook paper and these adorable heart shaped stickers, both on sale at Joann's as well. And if you haven't downloaded the Joann app, do it! You get the 40% coupons via your phone.

The girls had a blast helping me remove the paper and watching their "cookies" melt in the oven. The end products were beautiful colorful crayons. We cut the red paper to about 4.25" x 4.5" with a paper cutter. I made up these quick little papers with the saying and their names on it and they adhered the hearts themselves with double stick tape. We used the heart stickers to keep the white papers on.

Here are my favorite preschoolers showing off their work!


As you may or may not know, the March of Dimes is a very near and dear to our hearts, as those sweet 3 year olds you see above, were born at 2lbs 14oz and 3lbs 2oz! We donate a percent of our sales as well as raise money for our local walk every year. If you donate $5 to our cause (the minimum donation amount). I will send you a hi-res pdf of these printable personalized tags with your lil' ones name on them so you can create these at home! Just shot me an email at info@lillj.com to let me know you've donated. DONATE NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment